When it comes to choosing pots and pans for healthy cooking, it almost always narrows down between GreenLife vs GreenPan cookware, two popular manufacturers.
After finding out that conventional non-stick utensils release various toxins, the founders of GreenPan started looking for different alternatives. Their search proved fruitful, as they stumbled upon the right material to make cooking healthy.
GreenLife, a sister company of The Cookware Company, began in 2013, with the aim of empowering their customers with healthy cooking.
When you take a look at the products of GreenLife and GreenPan, you will find them to be similar. However, upon closer examination, there are certain differences which set the manufacturers apart.
GreenLife Vs GreenPan Cookware
Given below are some of the differences between GreenLife Soft Grip 18pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set, Turquoise and GreenPan Lima 12pc Ceramic Non-Stick Cookware Set, which will help you make the right choice when it comes to purchasing healthy non-stick cookware:
You can use the dishwasher to clean the cookware from both manufacturers.
- When it comes to GreenLife products, you have to take extra caution before you start cleaning it. To ensure that the pan has a long lifespan, you should allow it to cool, before washing it with warm water and soap. Use only a towel with soft fabric for drying the pan. You can’t use nylon scrubbers, as they damage the non-stick coating.
- You won’t have any trouble cleaning GreenPan cookware, as it is extremely easy. However, for best results, you should always hand-wash them.
Construction is one of the many areas, where you will notice major differences between both products.
- GreenLife uses solid base and ceramic aluminum body as the main materials for manufacturing their pans, to make their cookware lightweight and handy. They use aluminum to make that the distribution of heat throughout the cooking area is stable and uniform at all time. On the other hand, ceramic is responsible for giving the cookware the non-stick stamp.
- At first glance, there is a very high chance of mistaking GreenPan cookware for GreenLife. However, GreenPan uses Thermolon ceramic (similar to GreenLife’s ceramic) as the main material for making their products fit the non-stick category. The construction follows the path of heavy-gauge, for improving performance. The new type of construction allows you to cook your food at the perfect temperature, giving you reliable results all the time.
Both products are quite similar in this aspect, as you can monitor the food on the stove, thanks to the glass lids
When you place GreenLife and GreenPan products next to each other, you will find out that there is a slight difference in the handles. As the manufacturers want you to be in your comfort zone while cooking at high temperatures, the handles possess the property to stay cool.
- GreenLife makes their handles out of Bakelite, a soft and ergonomic material. As a result of this, their handles are smooth. At the same time, it is quite comfortable to handle their products.
- GreenPan uses a different approach when it comes to the handles for their cookware. They are relatively straight and possess a plastic area demarcated by white, towards the rear of the cookware.
As you will be using your cookware in a variety of temperatures, you want to make sure that their build quality and materials allow them to withstand large amounts of heat.
As GreenLife and GreenPan products can handle high temperatures, you can place their cookware in the oven without even thinking twice about your actions.
However, the limit to how much heat they can handle during cooking is different.
GreenLife cookware can withstand temperatures up to 350 °F, while GreenPan’s materials are strong enough to take 420 °F safely.
GreenLife makes use of top-notch materials for all their products, which ensures that you get the high-quality pans at all times. On top of that, they make use of state-of-the-art technology, to ensure that you get optimal performance, without making any compromises on features.
When it comes to handling, you will have zero problems with their products as it remains cool. The non-stick properties are on-point, allowing you to cook food, without having to worry whether you are going to have a difficult time keeping it clean.
GreenPan is more for people who like to experiment with their cooking, as you can use it for a myriad of ingredients. Thanks to the anodized aluminum, it takes a shorter time to cook food, as it is a brilliant conductor of heat.
Combined with the cutting-edge thermolon ceramic coating, your food will turn out to be delicious, even at low temperatures. Also, the non-stick properties are off the hook, as all the food you cook won’t adhere to the cookware.
If you go for the GreenLife cookware, you will get 18 pieces with your set. GreenPan falls short in this aspect, as only 12 pieces of cookware are available to you after purchase.
As both cookware use the best technology available in the market, they are quite safe in cooking different types of food.
GreenLife comes with the ceramic non-stick coating, which they patented. If you are worried about causing accidental damage to this cookware, don’t be, as they are scratch-resistant.
These products are devoid of cadmium, lead, and other materials which release toxic fumes at high temperatures. Also, it doesn’t use PFOA or PFAS, making it environment-friendly.
GreenPan is also doesn’t use all these dangerous materials such as cadmium, lead, PFOA, and PFAS. The best thing about GreenPan cookware is that it won’t release harmful gases, even if you overheat the pan accidentally.
If you are a chef who loves wants to make sure that your food is always up to your standards, then you should choose GreenLife cookware. As the handles are lightweight and ergonomic, you will find it extremely easy to handle the pans. Also, it has a lot of style, making it a wonderful addition to your kitchen.
If you don’t have any frills about your cooking and you are looking for products that are durable, then GreenPan cookware will meet all your requirements. Also, you will find it easier to cook your food at the perfect temperature, as its heating control is precise.